Maricopa Unified School District #20
44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
520.568.5100 - main number
520.568.5151 - fax number
Position Description: Paraprofessional
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 9-Month, 29.5 hour/week, Salary Range Based
on Approved Classified Compensation Plan
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: To assist with
instruction and supervision of students through one-on-one and
group instruction, playground supervision and assisting with
testing and assessment of student's progress. Position longevity
will be determined from individual classroom's needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Works with individual students in classroom or the
developmental center to reinforce learning material or skills
introduced by the teacher.
- Works with small groups of students in classroom to reinforce
learning material or skills introduced by the teacher.
- Supervises students outside of the classroom during lunch
period, playground time or before and after school.
- Translates material and information for parents, students and
- Administers tests and assessments. Grades papers and maintains
records under teacher supervision.
- Maintains files and computer records.
- Assists supervising instructor with duties specifically related
to area of instruction.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Experience and knowledge of student needs at different ages,
educational and developmental levels.
- Working knowledge of educational practices, processes and
- Willingness to become familiar with Maricopa Unified School
District #20's educational policies, regulations and rules as well
as federal and state laws, regulations, policies and rules.
- Ability to assessing of student's educational needs.
- Provide tutoring in various educational subjects and
- Operate office equipment and MS Office.
- Skill in communicating verbally, and written, through
translation and interpretation
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with others.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Required - High School diploma or GED.
Required - PRAXIS or Work Keys test accepted, or Associate's
degree, or, 60 college credits. Current First Aid and CPR (Required
or 30 days after hire to obtain) Bilingual preferred.Valid Arizona
DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Able to perform the following physical requirements of the
position with or without reasonable accommodation: critical sensory
requirements include general vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or
listen in the normal range (corrected) and speak and give
directions clearly. Able to walk, sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl,
reach, lift (exerting force up to 50 pounds), carry, push, pull or
otherwise move objects up to 125 lbs.
OTHER POSITION INFORMATION: May involve personal assistance with
toileting, hygiene, feeding, lifting as well as other possible
needs. Hours will be in relation to the school site hours.
Continuing positions for the subsequent school years, if offered,
may be rearranged as needed to best meet the needs of the
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER The Maricopa Unified School
District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or
disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in
its educational programs or activities. The Maricopa Unified School
District 20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with
title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Shift TypePart-TimeSalary Range$13.01 - $15.12 / Per