Maricopa Unified School District #20
44150 West Maricopa/Casa Grande Highway
Maricopa, Arizona 85138
520.568.5100 - main number
520.568.5151 - fax number
POSITION: Elementary Teacher
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt - 187 or 189 Day Contract
SALARY: Approved Certified Teacher Salary Schedule - Based on
Education and Experience
REPORTS TO: School Principal
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES AND PRINCIPAL DUTIES:
- Teaches reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics,
science, art, health, physical education, and music to pupils in a
classroom, utilizing course of study adopted by the Board of
Education, and other appropriate learning activities.
- Instructs pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and provides
individualized and small group instruction in order to adapt the
curriculum to the needs of each pupil.
- Uses a variety of instruction strategies, such as inquiry,
group discussion, lecture, discovery, etc.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best
utilize the available time for instruction.
- Establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to
achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Evaluates pupils' academic and social growth, keeps appropriate
records, and prepares progress reports.
- Communicates with parents through conferences and other means
to discuss pupils' progress and interpret the school program.
- Identifies pupil needs and cooperates with other professional
staff members in assessing and helping pupils solve health,
attitude, and learning problems.
- Creates an effective environment for learning through
functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest
- Maintains professional competence through in-service education
activities provided by the district and self-selected professional
- Participates cooperatively with the appropriate administrator
to develop the method by which the teacher will be evaluated in
conformance with district guidelines.
- Selects and requisitions books and instructional aids;
maintains required inventory records.
- Supervises pupils in out-of-classroom activities during the
assigned working day.
- Administers group standardized tests in accordance with
district testing program.
- Participates in curriculum development programs as
- Participates in faculty committees and the sponsorship of pupil
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of best practice teaching strategies
- Knowledge of best practices in classroom management
- Knowledge of data assessment and disaggregation
- Knowledge of general safety rules and techniques.
- Knowledge of first aid and CPR.
- Knowledge of district rules of conduct and ethics
- Knowledge of relevant Governing Board Policies
- Skill in monitoring and correcting student behavior.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working
relationships with others.
- Professional communication skills effectively (verbal and
written); ability to instruct; and maintain emotional control under
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical
requirements of the position with or without reasonable
accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general
vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range
(corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk,
sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to
50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125
A valid Arizona Department of Education
Certification/Endorsement consistent with assignment and a valid
Arizona DPS IVP Fingerprint Clearance Card
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Maricopa Unified School
District 20 does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, or
disability in admission or access to, or treatment or employment in
its educational programs or activities. The MaricopaUnifiedSchool
District 20 is an equal opportunity employer in compliance with
title IX of The Education Amendments of 1972 and Sec. 504 of the
Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Applications can be accessed from our website at
Shift TypeFull-TimeSalary Range$44,573.00 / Per