SY 2021-22 Technology Integration Specialist
Company: Maricopa Unified School District
Posted on: June 3, 2021
POSITION TITLE: District Technology Integration Specialist
COMPENSATION: Salary based on Board Approved Certified
CLASSIFICATION: Full time Exempt
REPORTS TO: Director of Technology
POSITION SUMMARY: The Technology Integration Specialist will
provide instruction to students, Certified and Classified staff on
the operation of personal computers, peripherals, and software
applications and how these are integrated into the adopted
curriculum. This instruction is to include the emerging
technologies which can implement Internet tools and resources (Web
2.0) and 21st Century Skills.
- Trains teachers on how to integrate technology into the
classroom curriculum based on
researched best practices in support of student learning.
- Plans, facilitates and conducts technology staff development
- Create learning resources for teachers, staff and students.
These may include Web sites,
tutorials, interactive programs and databases that support
teachers in integrating technology.
- Works closely with the curriculum specialists to develop
innovative technology solutions.
- Demonstrate respect for students and their potential.
- Demonstrate ability to work with children, parents, and
- Implement and direct the use of videoconferencing for
instructional use. Coordinate, promote and facilitate opportunities
that may exist at the local, state and national levels.
- Supports the integration of technology at the individual
classroom level as it relates to curriculum, instruction and
assessment using such as Web Quests, online resources, digital
portfolios, and other forms of assessment.
- Maintain skills in computer software, including word
processing, database, spreadsheet, Web Page development,
presentation, digital video and audio editing, and image
- Support district adopted software tools for classroom and
administrative use including but not limited to, attendance
applications, electronic grade book, Follett Library, and similar
applications and tools.
- Work with teachers to integrate instructional activities to
reflect a variety of instructional techniques, promoting positive
interaction among students, and providing for appropriate practice
of activities and skills focusing upon the desired learning
- Participate in professional growth activities leading toward
enhancing professional qualifications.
- Supports schools with implementation of 1:1 initiative.
- Trains and supports teachers/staff with Google Suite for
- Perform other such duties as required and/or assigned.
- Master's degree in Education (Preferred).
- Evidence of 3 Years of successful teaching or comparable
training and development experience.
- Experience and background in technology curriculum
- Working knowledge of technology hardware and software.
- Ability to work with diverse groups. Demonstrated organization
and management abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical
requirements of the position with or without reasonable
accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general
vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range
(corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk,
stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to 50
pounds), carry, push, or pull.
Shift TypeFull-TimeSalary Range$44,573.00 / Per
YearLocationDesert Wind Middle School
Keywords: Maricopa Unified School District, Maricopa , SY 2021-22 Technology Integration Specialist, Other , Maricopa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!