POSITION TITLE: ISS (In-School Suspension) Facilitator
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Classified Compensation Plan Level 15 (
$17.17-$20.60), 9-Month Work Calendar,
REPORTS TO: Principal or Administrative Designee
GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervise and monitor
students assigned to the In-School Suspension Program.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES: (essential functions)
- Provide supervision for students assigned to the In-School
- Take daily attendance.
- Review in-school suspension policies, procedures and student
expectations with students daily.
- Work with students and or other staff members during student
reflection period on issues such as behavior management and the
prevention of undesirable behaviors that resulted in student being
assigned to ISS.
- Monitor all ISS assignments; provide encouragement and feedback
to students, monitor tests, computer work and provide instructional
assistance as appropriate.
- Ensure students are escorted to lavatory facilities.
- Email teachers 24 hours in advance for work requests and
complete student work completion logs for all students assigned to
- Facilitate and arrange delivery of student lunches when
- Refer behavior problems to Administrators
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Applicant should have knowledge of school and classroom rules,
procedures and practices.
- Applicant must have the ability to interpret and establish
appropriate rules, methods and techniques in maintaining a
disciplined academic environment.
- Applicant must have strong interpersonal skills and
- Applicant must have experience working with students and
knowledge of conflict resolution techniques is strongly
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma or GED and three (3)
years work experience in security or a related field OR an
equivalent combination or education and experience that provide the
required knowledge and skill. Must meet Arizona Department of
Health Services safety and health requirements that includes proof
of immunity from Measles and Rubella. Clean Fingerprint record from
The Arizona Department of Public Safety.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Able to perform the following physical
requirements of the position with or without reasonable
accommodation: critical sensory requirements include general
vision, corrected to 20/20, hear or listen in the normal range
(corrected) and speak and give directions clearly. Able to walk,
sit, stand, kneel, crouch, crawl, reach, lift (exerting force up to
50 pounds), carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects up to 125
REQUIRED LICENSE/CERTIFICATION: Arizona Driver's License and the
ability to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within 60 days of
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Maricopa Unified School District 20 does not discriminate on
the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation,
age, religion, or disability in admission or access to, or
treatment or employment in its educational programs or activities.
The Maricopa Unified School District 20 is an equal opportunity
employer in compliance with title IX of The Education Amendments of
1972 and Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973
Applications and documentation requirements can be accessed from
our website at www.maricopausd.org
Shift TypeFull-TimeSalary Range$17.17 - $20.60 / Per
HourLocationDesert Wind Middle School