Senior Database Engineer
Posted on: September 6, 2021
Perform consistently in providing solid DB2 database technical
expertise, sound judgment, strong team oriented collaborative
skills, and highly responsive customer service in the installation,
configuration, optimization, security, audit, and ongoing support
of Assurant’s DB2 database infrastructure encompassing all
non-production and production environments.
- Supports day to day operational duties for the DB2 database
platform such as service requests and tickets, backups, monitoring,
performance tuning, system troubleshooting, and other tasks as
assigned or expected from DBAs.
- Participates in the on-call rotation for supporting the
- Executes project and internal initiative responsibilities as
assigned or delegated.
- Authors and maintains operational documentation, best
practices, and run books for the operational platform.
- Is responsible for a major DB2 database component and has a
strong knowledge of various interrelationships between major system
- Is considered by peers to be SME knowledgeable on major
components within the unit as well as by other technical support
staff such that the Senior DBA can operate with little supervision
and technical guidance.
- Has thorough knowledge of resources available and demonstrated
ability to use the resources for problem determination, product
enhancements and other technical issues related to the components
- Executes the tactical architecture implementation as defined by
the team manager under the guidance of team roadmaps.
- Gives technical guidance and advice to co-workers and others.
Is a strong technical resource.
- Very good people skills. Enhances our unit and department image
when dealing with our customers, peers, and other areas.
- Demonstrates distinct leadership ability in marshalling both
team members and other IT resources to accomplish enterprise
objectives in accordance with management expectations.
- Is team oriented and solicits input from the team in developing
quality solutions and recommendations.
- Very good oral and written skills. Able to write clear,
concise, tactful memos to a large audience. Able to communicate
technical information verbally, in a clear and concise manner,
varying content depending on audience.
- The ability to assist the Manager in communicating project
schedules and coordinating needed resources and time frames with
other technical support units and our business partners.
- Extremely capable in dealing with our customers and business
partners in the follow-up and resolution of problems and
- Keep Manager and all team members well informed.
- Plans well. Makes extra effort to complete projects on
- Demonstrates strong ability to think ahead, anticipating
problems and then avoiding them.
- Does whatever it takes to get the job done to support our
- Has very strong dependability, takes responsibility.
- Has strong sense of urgency and ownership.
- Consistently delivers results and gets tasks done in a timely
- Displays attention to detail and provides high quality service
- Provides motivation and mentoring on technical issues and soft
skills to the rest of the team.
- Is the backup for the Manager during their absence.
- Will provide Manger with input on individuals in the unit for
the review process – both technical and interpersonal input.
- Provides leadership within the unit and acts as a team leader
in developing quality solutions and recommendations.
- Functions as an internal escalation engineer for complex
- Has the ability to help the Manager with tactical architecture
design and execution in addition to roadmap planning and
- Has very strong technical knowledge – 40%, and leadership –
15%. Operational component decreases to 20%.
- 5 years conducting DB2 database administration tasks in the
- Applications support
- Operations Support
- Performance and tuning
- 2 years administering DB2 database platform specific features
in the following areas:
- Distributed environments: clustering, encryption,
logical/physical standby, ETL, replication.
- Mainframe DB2: XML data types, Universal Table Spaces,
Partition by Growth, Rage Based Partitioning.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or CS
- Relevant Database platform certification
Keywords: Assurant, Maricopa , Senior Database Engineer, Other , Maricopa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!