Test Validation Engineer, Manufacturing Diagnostics
Company: Lucid Motors
Posted on: September 16, 2021
Leading the future in luxury electric and
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury
electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend
the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence.
Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the
future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by
returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every
decision we make is in service of the individual and environment.
Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to
define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the
industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a
community for innovators who want to make an immediate and
significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more
sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination for positions
located in Arizona
At Lucid (the “Company”), we prioritize the health and
wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else.
In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased
transmissibility with recent variants, effective August 16th,
2021, all new Lucid Employees whose employment is based in
Arizona, must be fully vaccinated and provide proof thereof as a
condition of continued or future employment with the Company.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be
We are currently seeking
a Test Validation Engineer, Manufacturing Diagnostics
to join our team in AZ. You will
be responsible for all elements required to carry out vehicle-level
testing of the diagnostic system. You will also write test cases,
test plans, document test results, and author detailed test
results. Our ideal candidate
exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with
vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate
excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to
learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced
- Responsible for all elements required to carry out
vehicle-level testing of the diagnostic system in order to validate
the software as implemented by the domain controllers.
- Write test cases and test plans, document test results, and
author detailed test results.
- Identify, source, commission, and upkeep all tools required to
- Identify, document, and aid in the root causing of bugs
encountered while testing.
- Work with the diagnostic system development and calibration
engineers to identify necessary testing and validation
- Execute in-vehicle-level testing of the on-board diagnostics
system across the program lifecycle (i.e., in development of the
diagnostic system; as regression within software release cycles;
and complete fault insertion testing in evaluation of the
- Identify, develop, and implement methods to automate and
- Work with sub-system and component-level test teams to ensure
appropriate test coverage exists (e.g., at HiL and SiL levels), and
to synergize on test coverage.
- Carry out reliability testing and in-use performance evaluation
of the diagnostic system.
- Support testing at the assembly plant and environmental test
trips (e.g., hot weather, cold weather).
- BS in Engineering (preferably Electrical, Mechanical,
Mechatronics or Software related discipline);
- 2+ years of experience in an engineering role (level negotiable
based on experience);
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in vehicle testing related to
diagnostics and/or functional safety;
- Technical understanding of electric vehicle architecture;
- Ability to work hands-on with electromechanical (vehicle)
- Effective at troubleshooting and root causing issues in complex
- Familiarity with Vector and/or Peak CAN based tools;
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN,
DoIP, ETH, LIN, etc.);
- Familiarity with diagnostic standards (ISO-14229, SAE J2012,
SAE J1979/ISO-15031, SAE J1962, etc.);
- Experience with automotive ethernet, (cyber)security, and
telematics is a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and
deliver technical projects;
- Collaborate with multiple cross-functional disciplines,
including external stakeholders;
- Think fast, prioritize, and make decisions that benefit Lucid
as a whole using a first principles approach
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is
an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal
employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or
ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation,
gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any
other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal
laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors
does not accept agency resumes. Please do not
forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors
employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Lucid Motors, Maricopa , Test Validation Engineer, Manufacturing Diagnostics, Other , Maricopa, Arizona
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!